Thursday, February 7, 2008

Mapuche Trip, Day 7

We didn’t have to get up quite as early this day, which is good because I woke up with a very sore throat. We had an extra long devotional time, which was made longer by the fact that the morning sun was actually warm that day! And I was facing it. After I awhile I tried to shield my face with my Bible. Then the girl next to me used her folder. After awhile one of the guys across from us raised his sweatshirt above his head to block the sun from my face! :o) All week they were all concerned about my pale skin not getting burned. Haha.

It took forever to get going that morning; I don’t know why. Although since I was starting to feel worse, I didn’t really mind. We eventually got to the church and didn’t have anything to do! We played around with the instruments a little, sang some worship songs, talked a lot, prayed some more, and then eventually headed off to do some visiting with the people in the pueblito. I decided to stay at the church with two other people, since I can’t really “visit” with people, and also because I really wanted to sleep. I stretched out on a pew and slept until my arm fell asleep, which ironically woke me up.

We had another afternoon with the kids, which was a bit tough since I didn’t feel well, but it wasn’t too bad. We showed the movie again. I went outside to get some fresh air, and every time I did so I was attacked by ants. They were all over the place! Gross. I did not love that. Then we had another once with the pastor, and I was a bit more subdued this time. Luckily this time we were able to drive home, and the family had an once prepared for us there too! Most of the team sat down to eat, but I thought this would be a good chance for me to go and get to bed early. So that’s exactly what I did.

No comments: